Food and Drink Insurance

SME Insurance

Food and Drink Insurance

The food and drinks industry is one which continues to grow in the UK, with a huge variety of different risks to be aware of.

It is important that businesses in the food and beverage trade industry are adequately insured to protect themselves against costly legal fees and have solutions for any compensation claims which can arise. Health and safety is paramount for every experience when dealing with food, especially food which is consumed by the public! Make sure you have the right insurance products to suit your business with Erskine Murray brokers – a leading independent business insurance broker.

Insurance for the Food Industry

There are a wide range of different insurance solutions which are suited to businesses within the food and drinks industry.

Public liability: can offer protection should a third party suffer injury or injury as a result of your work, which you are legally liable for.

Employers’ liability: this is a legal requirement for any business which employs staff, whether they are casual staff, temporary, part time or full time. It protects your business should your staff make a claim against you where the health of their life is affected or you fall ill as a result of the work which they do for you.

Buildings Insurance: it is important to think about the building you own as a business – your restaurant or takeaway establishment is a mainstay of your business after all!

Stock cover: protect your stock and ingredients in case something happens which means it is unusable.

Business interruption cover: this is often an extra cover which provides cover for loss of income that you may suffer following a disaster which effects your ability to trade.

Insurance Policies for the Drinks Industry

The drinks industry needs insurance just as much as the food industry. There are similar health risks involved with drinks as much as food, and similar situations can occur which require compensation pay outs and legal fees. Having the right business insurance policy for your pub, café or coffee shop insurance can make a big difference to the running of your business, especially with products you can’t recall, allowing you to rest easy knowing that you are well protected should anything go awry with your drinks business.


SME Insurance by Sector

Commercial Property Owners

For property owners, investors or developers, single property to portfolio's, we have the solution.

Professional Indemnity

Often referred to as 'PI', a profession-based risk management package.


Whether you are a small independent bakery, or a larger chain, it is vital you consider your level of business insurance.

Coffee Shop

There are many risks associated with not only running a successful business, but in serving hot drinks and food to the public.

Business Interruption Insurance

Business Interruption insurance, also know as BI, is a much- misunderstood cover which can often be overlooked by small business owners.

Business Owners Insurance

An enhanced business insurance policy which combines property insurance alongside general liability insurance.

Commercial Combined

Our commercial combined insurance is an all-in-one package that protects an assortment of risks.

Who do I


If you would like to talk more about your SME Insurance needs please contact Rob.

Rob Marshall

Head of SME

Who do I


Rob Marshall

Head of SME

Employee Benefits

Have you considered an Employee Benefits package? Such a policy can help you attract and retain a highly skilled and dedicated workforce.

Professional Indemnity

Our PI arm are specialists in providing PI insurance for architects, consulting engineers and the construction industry.