Contract Works Insurance

Contract Workers Evaluating A Project

SME Insurance

Contract Works Insurance

Contract works insurance is a type of cover which is ideal for builders and other tradespeople, designed to cover work which is underway on a construction site.

It can pay to repair or redo work which is in progress should it be damaged by an insured event such as fire, flood, storm, vandalism or theft.

Some client contracts require this type of policy to be taken out prior to work starting, so it is certainly worth checking your contracts carefully before you begin work to see if you need to take out contract works insurance as part of your contract. Businesses who generally take out this kind of insurance are usually building contractors, property developers, electricians, bricklayers, carpenters, plasterers and tilers. It can be useful for anyone working in the construction industry.

Very often contract working are building or developing something that has been designed. If a tenant or employee of the site is injured and blames their injury on the design of the building, it is important that you have Architects Insurance to cover any claim.

Insurance for Contract Works

Contract works insurance covers the work you are currently doing on a building site. It can pay for the cost of repair or redoing work should it be damaged or destroyed. As long as the correct level of insurance is bought, it can also include the cost of labour, materials and tools to get the work back to the stage it was prior to damage. It will not cover for existing constructions which are on the site, and it usually only covers for risks such as fire, flood, storm, vandalism or theft. It is important to check your policy wording to be sure you are covered for the risks you wish to be covered for.

Contract Works Insurance Policies

Contract works insurance can be purchased as part of a wider business insurance policy, which can include cover for a wide range of construction industry risks. Our team at Erskine Murray would be happy to talk you through the different options available for construction workers, or businesses involved in the construction industry. We work closely with a range of insurance providers to be sure to offer a great range of insurance products to our customers.

Need a Quote?

Send us your details and we'll be in touch.

Get a Quote

SME Insurance by Sector

Professional Indemnity

Often referred to as 'PI', a profession-based risk management package.


Professional indemnity insurance is an important policy, as you are offering professional services to other people & businesses.


Your clients call on you for your expertise, knowledge and skill, whether you are a quantity or land surveyor.

Contractors All Risk

Whilst all construction sites are different, there are still common risks and threats shared by them all.

Commercial Combined

With so many areas of risk to consider, we guide you through the process of selecting the cover that you require to protect your business.

Engineering Insurance

Engineers require insurance for a wide range of scenarios and risks associated with the day to day working environment.

Who do I


If you would like to talk more about your SME Insurance needs please contact Rob.

Rob Marshall

Head of SME

Who do I


Rob Marshall

Head of SME

Employee Benefits

Have you considered an Employee Benefits package? Such a policy can help you attract and retain a highly skilled and dedicated workforce.

Professional Indemnity

Our PI arm are specialists in providing PI insurance for architects, consulting engineers and the construction industry.