Charity Insurance

SME Insurance

Charity Insurance

Running a charity, social club, community group or other not-for-profit organisation is not only great cause, and a highly rewarding endeavour; it also comes with a unique set of risks.

Erskine Murray can help you to find the right insurance products to suit your charity organisation and ensure that you are covered for the risks you face day to day.

There are lots of different types of insurance products available on the market, so it can be tricky to know which products are useful and necessary for your kind of organisation. Our team here at Erskine Murray are knowledgeable about the various types of insurance and how they can be applied to your organisation. We’ll help guide you through what your charitable organisation may need, be it professional indemnity insurance, public liability insurance, trustee liability insurance or any other kind of relevant cover.

Insurance for Charities

Whilst there are many forms of insurance policy available, not all will be applicable to your charity. The fundamental policies which many charity organisations find useful include:

  • Public liability insurance: this is very useful if you have visitors to your premises. Public Liability Insurance covers legal claims and compensation sought by clients, customers or other third parties should they suffer personal injury or property damage because of your organisation.
  • Employers’ liability insurance: this is a legal requirement for any organisation which employs staff, even if they are temporary or casual workers. Employer's liability insurance covers any legal claims and compensation sought by your employees should they fall ill or become injured as a result of their work.

Charity & Not for Profit Insurance Policies

There are a wide range of different charities which may require insurance policies to protect them from legal costs and compensation claims. It is not only charities who can benefit from this level of protection either – any social groups, clubs and not-for-profit organisations may need insurance cover too. You can discuss your specific needs and requirements with our friendly and knowledgeable team who can help you to find the right cover to match your organisation.


Do we need to be a registered charity to get insurance?

Not necessarily, we can help small charities and social groups as well as the larger, registered charities.

Do insurance policies cover volunteers?

Yes we can make sure your policies cover volunteers as well as any paid staff.

Does the insurance cover events held by our group?

We can select a policy which covers events such as fundraising.

SME Insurance by Sector


Cyber attacks are a rapidly growing, see how we ensure you are protected. 

Shops and Offices

From office blocks and home offices to hairdressers, florists and newsagents, we cover the entire scope of this sector.  

Residential Property Owners

For property owners, landlords and associations, we deliver a policy that covers all related risks.

IT Contractors

From basic repairs and builds through to emergency cover, your clients call on you for your expert knowledge and skill.

Coffee Shop

There are many risks associated with not only running a successful business, but in serving hot drinks and food to the public.

Domiciliary Care Insurance

If you are a self-employed carer, or you run a home care business, you are in a position of trust and responsibility.

Commercial Combined

Our commercial combined insurance is an all-in-one package that protects an assortment of risks.

Who do I


If you would like to talk more about your SME Insurance needs please contact Rob.

Rob Marshall

Head of SME

Who do I


Rob Marshall

Head of SME

Employee Benefits

Have you considered an Employee Benefits package? Such a policy can help you attract and retain a highly skilled and dedicated workforce.

Professional Indemnity

Our PI arm are specialists in providing PI insurance for architects, consulting engineers and the construction industry.