Business Buildings Insurance

Photograph of an office block

SME Insurance

Business Buildings Insurance

For many businesses, whether you work at home or have your own office or separate premises to work from, your buildings cover should be high on your agenda.

Erskine Murray are a leading independent insurance broker for businesses, offering a range of insurance products for businesses throughout the UK. Business buildings cover can be purchased within your full policy, allowing you to have just one renewal date to worry about in future. We can make it easier for you to create a tailor made business insurance policy, featuring all the cover you need to go about your business.

Insurance for Business Buildings

Business buildings insurance offers cover for the building you run your business from. It can protect you if your business premises are damaged or destroyed by paying out for any repairs and rebuild costs. Imagine that a fire breaks out at your business premises, caused by an electrical fault. The property is significantly damaged and requires extensive repairs throughout which are covered by the policy. Your stock and contents are also damaged in the fire; however, these are not covered under the business buildings insurance. Contents often require separate insurance cover.

Business Buildings and Contents Cover

Whilst you are insuring the building you run your business from, it is certainly also worth thinking about what you keep inside this building! Contents and furnishings are often not included in business buildings cover, but it is easy to add this additional cover on to a buildings policy.

Fixtures and fittings within a building are included in your business building cover, protecting things such as:

  • Curtains and blinds
  • Skirting boards
  • Carpets
  • Built in units and plumbed in items (such as sinks and toilets)

If you run a retail outlet, café or shop, we can help you to find the right cover for your needs too. See our coffee shop insurance, retailers insurancesalon insurance and warehouse insurance pages for more details, or see our Commercial Combined Insurance package for a package insurance deal.

SME Insurance by Sector

Directors’ and Officers’

Often referred to ad 'D&O', this policy is designed to defend individuals against damaging claims.

Commercial Property Owners

For property owners, investors or developers, single property to portfolio's, we have the solution.

Residential Property Owners

For property owners, landlords and associations, we deliver a policy that covers all related risks.

Business Interruption

Business Interruption insurance, also known as BI, is a much-misunderstood cover which can often be overlooked by small business owners.

Commercial Combined

With so many areas of risk to consider, we guide you through the process of selecting the cover that you require to protect your business.

Block Insurance

Specialist insurance products for blocks of flats whether you’re a freeholder, leaseholder or a management company, we can help.

Who do I


If you would like to talk more about your SME Insurance needs please contact Rob.

Rob Marshall

Head of SME

Who do I


Rob Marshall

Head of SME

Employee Benefits

Have you considered an Employee Benefits package? Such a policy can help you attract and retain a highly skilled and dedicated workforce.

Professional Indemnity

Our PI arm are specialists in providing PI insurance for architects, consulting engineers and the construction industry.